musician (composer, pianist, theorist, professor, conductor, sound engineer)
Universidade Estadual de Maringá,
Centro de Ciências Humanas Letras e Artes,
Departamento de Música
Av. Colombo, 5790 - Bloco 008, sala 2
cep 87020-900 - Maringá, PR - Brazil
phone: (55)(44) 3011-4092
CNPq Lattes CV
Degrees Earned :
Doctor of Musical Arts (music composition), with Distinction .
Columbia University in the City of New York, 2003.
Thesis : Music: Electroacoustic radio-opera on a story by Vielimir Khlebnikov, libretto by the composer. Essay: “Doctor Frankenstein, I Presume … or The Art of Vivisection”. Studies on the internal mechanisms of Music Composition and Computer Music, reworking concepts taken from theoretical works about Cinema, Musique Concrète and Semiotics.
Read my DMA dissertation essay
Listen to my Radio-Opera KA
Master of Arts (music composition).
Columbia University in the City of New York, 1998.
Thesis : Concerto for Piano and Orchestra.
Bachelor of Arts (music performance: piano).
Universidade de São Paulo, 1995.
Selected List of teachers :
At Columbia University: Tristan Murail (computer-assisted composition, orchestration, history and aesthetics of computer music), Bradford Garton and Thanassis Rikakis (computer music), Joseph Dubiel (composition, set-theory), Fred Lerdahl (composition, 20th century styles and techniques), Jonathan Kramer (composition), George Stauffer (organ).
At the Universidade de São Paulo: Willy Corrêa de Oliveira (composition, language and structure of music), José Eduardo Martins (piano), Mário Ficarelli (harmony, counterpoint), Aylton Escobar (orchestration), Lorenzo Mammi (Music History, Brazilian Music History), Marco Antônio da Silva Ramos (conducting).
Teaching Positions Held :
- Harmony I and II
- Music Analysis I and II
- Computer Music and Digital Audio Production
- Composition I and III
- Electroacoustic Composition
- History of Music III (twentieth century)
- Ear Training I and II
- Special Topics I: “Analytical Principles for the late 19th-century Extended Tonality” (master-degree graduate level course);
- Undergraduate Research advising;
- Director of the Undergraduate Music Major Program (07/2012 to present, 07/2010 to 06/2012 and 05/2007 to 06/2008);
- Director of the Laboratory for Research and Audio Production - LAPPSO;
- Coordinator of the inter-institutional Master in Music joint graduate program of the Federal University of the State of Rio de Janeiro (UNIRIO) and the State University of Maringá (2009-2011);
- Common-Practice Tonal Theory I, II, and III
- Introduction to Electroacoustic Music
- Introduction to Tonal Theory
- Topics in Music: Cinema for the Ear: A History and Aesthetics of Electroacoustic Music
- Advanced Electronic Music course (graduate level)
- Diatonic Harmony/Counterpoint
- Introductory Ear Training
- Ear Training I
Other Professional Positions :
Freelance Professional Activities :
Academic and Professional Honors :
Scholarships and Fellowships :
Performances, Concerts and Recitals :
Teaching Interests and Qualifications :
Composition related topics :
Music Theory and History topics :
Computer Music topics :
Performance and Musicianship related topics :